It’s not easy to impress Aamir Khan but this girl has managed the feat. We are taking of Anmol Malik, daughter of music director Anu Malik who made her singing debut four years ago when she was all of 16. Now, Anmol has penned her first song ‘Graduation’, which has already found an admirer in actor Aamir Khan who ’liked’ it and posted it on his Facebook fan page.
The English track was recently released online. "This is a song which is close to my heart and I felt that the best way to express it would be in English; so I wrote it," says Anmol.

"The concept of the song is graduation. I wrote it when I was graduating, but the whole point of the song is to graduate from something in life. Cross a finish line, then look back and realise that you’ve left a lot of things behind and created many memories. That was the reason I wrote the song," says the 20-year-old.

Anmol made her playback debut with the song ‘Agle janam mohe bitiya na kijo’ in the ‘Umrao Jaan’ of 2005 and then went on to croon the famous ‘Talli’ song from the film ‘Ugly Aur Pagli’ (2008).

‘Graduation’ has been produced by Anmol’s father. "I remember making dad hear the song and all he told me was ’I really like it and want to produce it’ which was a big thing for me. His judgments are usually very harsh… he is a very hard taskmaster," says the budding singer.

Anmol was also in for a surprise when superstar Aamir Khan liked her song and posted it on his Facebook fan page. "I was taken aback. I was happy that he took a fancy to the song. I never thought he would like it or give it a listen. He heard it and he liked it. I am so indebted to Aamir sir for doing that," she said.

Good for you Anmol but just try and be original and not always ‘inspired’ like your father! (IANS)

Aamir’s New Muse?

  • Uploaded by: Unknown
  • Views:
  • Category:
  • Share

     
    Copyright © MovieBlends | Designed by movieblends.com